Monday, August 9, 2010

So….I’m Knocked Up….

Let’s get the story of how I came to be knocked up. Minus the explicit details. I’m pretty sure y’all know where babies come from. :)

Bert and I had actually been talking about trying to get pregnant. With the new move and our decision to wait a couple years for John Paul to apply to anesthesia school, it seemed like the right time. So at the beginning of June I stopped my birth control. We thought nothing of it and then I got sick. So we stopped trying. Cue the weekend of July 4th.

On the 2nd I got up and I wasn’t feeling too spiffy. I convinced Bert that I needed to take a test just to make sure I wasn’t pregnant before I went out and got wasted to celebrate the 4th.

I peed on the little stick and went and laid down. Bert was the one who actually checked the test. The look on his face was priceless! Honestly neither one of us expected the test to be positive. Oops. :) I took another test and sure enough both said “Pregnant” Yay us!

Or so I thought. We were both so excited until we found out my insurance wasn’t going to cover my pregnancy. Enter meltdown. We finally got our insurance straightened out and I thought all was hunky dory again. Apparently I was wrong.

Side note: My husband just possibly might be the most dramatic person I have ever encountered. Please keep this in the back of your mind as I continue on with the story. :)

My mom tells me that she asked John Paul if he was excited. This is how the convo went:

Wen: So are you super excited about the baby??

Bert: Well I am now.

Wen: You weren’t always excited?

Bert: Well…I was excited. Then I was depressed. Then suicidal. Now excited again.

Wen: Oh ok. (as if that was a perfectly normal response)

Excuse me?? My husband was SUICIDAL? Because I was pregnant? This is not normal. He’s so dramatic. Me and my mom were cracking up! This was the first I had heard of his deep depression and suicidal thoughts. Puh-lease!

Now he’s over it. I think. Just pray. We are going to be parents and we are so not normal it’s not even funny. I think we can pull it off. If I can keep the hubs stable.

Love you guys!!

7 comments:

izzie rae photography said...

yawy for being preggers! congrats, my friend!

♥Cait said...

Congratulations! I wish you a smooth and happy 9 months :)

LWLH said...

Lol....His response had me cracking up!! :)

Jordan said...

Congrats! so exciting! Just wanted to let you know, I have a blog award for you over on my blog! :) Your blog is so cute!

Jamie said...

haha I literally laughed out loud at your hubby! Can't wait to follow you on your journey to being a mommy :)

Amanda Faye said...

Congrats....That is awesome and histerical.. XOXO

Miss Southern Vol said...

Just found your blog! It is soo cute! Can't wait to read about your journey through Preggo life! :)