Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wedded Bliss

Well at least that’s what I hope for for two of my dear friends. Bert and I will be celebrating {2} weddings this summer, (as well as {2} new babies (not OUR babies of course)). I have been involved in a lot of wedding dress shopping this past week.

TBMommy is getting married May 8th and we met at David’s Bridal last night to try on a few dresses. We had a lot of fun. TB was hilarious as usual and kept me entertained the entire time! You can read about the wedding dress adventures from TBMommy here.

Courtney and Chris are getting married in August and we went Saturday to Lady in Lace to try on dresses. The Hubs was dropping me off since we were car sharing that day….but fortunately he stayed to give his much appreciated opinion to Courter. It was quite hilarious. I like to remind people that he was functioning on maybe an hour of sleep. {Keep that in mind}

I would love to post a picture of the dress that made Courtney look like the most beautiful bride but I can’t spoil the surprise!! She tried on her top two dresses and strolled out for opinions. John Paul {kindly} told her that he loved her top pick and most importantly she did not “look like a whore.” Because that is the most important element of wedding dress shopping.

Here’s a look at the bridesmaid dresses we will be wearing. I am in love with these dresses and I wish they had this style last April. Sad day. But happy day that {I} get to wear this dress in the bestie’s wedding!

bmaid dress

{I’m hoping when I put the dress back on I transform into this lovely girl, minus the flower-dy bed}

So while Court and I were in the dressing room, Wen (my lovely mother) busted out the magazine with Lady in Lace’s ad feature yours truly in my wedding dress. The girls that worked there could not believe that that was me. I know!! I was crying slightly offended! My {lovely} husband quickly informed them that he knows the picture doesn’t look like me in real life, it must be photo shopped!! Awesome!! Thanks hubs! (side note: in all fairness to my lovely husband, I was not wearing a lot of makeup nor was I wearing an amazing wedding dress, and I haven’t been on any diets lately.)

Fun times were had by all! Court’s sister Kendall might be my new favorite friend! She is absolutely hilarious and all grown up now! Sad day :(

I can’t wait for these two lovely ladies to experience all the {wonderful} happily-ever-after awesomeness of wedded bliss!

No comments: