Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent

lent

Lent has begun. I’m a little behind and I haven’t exactly decided what I am going to sacrifice for Lent this year. I think this might be the first year I have actually taken the time to think about it. Last year I was in the midst of planning our wedding and unfortunately I didn’t give it any thought.

This year we are doing a Lent devotional and I am excited about that. I think it’s important to spend these 40 days reflecting on the sacrifice Christ made for us.

I am hoping to give up red meat and poultry for Lent but I need to discuss this with the Hubs. I’m sure he won’t be too excited about this idea but I think it will be good for us to give up the same thing to keep each other motivated and on track. We are going to try to do the devotional together as well. With Bert working 7 nights in a row it makes it hard but we will manage. Happy Lent to those of you who participate! And if you don’t well happy Lent to you too!!

lent-cat

1 comment:

Claudine said...

I'm too bad at making sacrifices during Lent. I couldn't usually follow through.