Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bumpdate

37weeks 37wks

Sorry for the craptastic Blackberry pictures. And yes I am taking pictures in the nursery. Please note the disaster that’s happening in the background. This may or may not be why I haven’t posted pics of the nursery yet.

How Far Along: 37 weeks

Total Weight Gained: 16lbs

Maternity Clothes: I am running out of clothes that fit. I try really hard to pull off some previously cute not quite so unfortunate maternity looks but lets face it, when you’re as large as a house nothing looks cute. I feel ridiculous!

Sleep: Pure exhaustion. The lower the baby gets, the more I pee on myself which requires more trips to the bathroom – this always happens while I’m trying to sleep.

Best Moment of the Week: Survival. Let’s face it….getting up and going to work is an accomplishment these days. I wish I could say that our bathroom was finished and that I’ve been in a fabulous mood all week…but well you know.

Food Cravings: Anything sweet. And still drinking ridiculous amounts of water.

Food Aversions: Eggs. Berty had some nasty smelling omelet at good ole Waffle House on Saturday and I thought I would die!

Symptoms: I’ve felt a lot more BH contractions. Mostly in my back. The vag still hurts and I complain all the time. I just feel exhausted and there’s so much that I need to get done. I have meltdowns daily and my husband is probably going to leave me if this baby doesn’t come out soon!

JP’s Symptoms: Berty has been nesting. Outside. He trimmed all the bushes and cut back our crepe myrtles and made everything look pretty for our baby girl’s arrival. Which is apparently no time soon.

Movement: Movement has slowed down a lot. I still feel her moving just not as much. I shake her to get her to move. Is that bad?

Gender: Girl – Turner McCartney

What I miss: I’m really starting to miss my pre preggo body. I am always tired, always mean, and I can’t move without making a scene. 

What I'm looking forward to: Going back to the doctor on Monday and if I’m still 1cm it’s gonna be bad! And sad because there’s really nothing I can do about it.

Weekly Wisdom: People don’t realize that when they ask, “Oh! You’re still pregnant?!” or, “You haven’t had that baby yet?!” that you want to hit them in the face. Or genitals. No! I sure haven’t had “that baby” yet. Please stop asking me. When I’m no longer at work you can assume that I had “that baby.”

Milestones: As of today there are 18 days till my due date. I just might make it. Maybe.

 

My bestie Courtney took me to the doc yesterday. She was coming for good luck. Let’s share a picture of her…..

courter

 

I didn’t gain any weight. I haven’t progressed. I have had no swelling. My blood pressure is great and my baby is never coming out. I’m still 1cm and about 70% effaced. The doc assures me that this is great for my first pregnancy. Yay! :(

He did say that when I go back Monday he will schedule me to be induced the next week. So when I’m 39 weeks I can force her to come out. We will see how I feel about this on Monday!

9 comments:

Molly said...

I love your 'bump dates' SO funny! That is exactly how I felt at the end of both of my pregnancies. I was only dialated to a 1 for 4 weeks with our youngest so I can totally feel your pain there. Hopefully she comes SOON. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her arrival girl!! Thinking of you!

Annie said...

you think your as large as a house....i am going to be a mansion then ;) i'm only 30 weeks and i've gained 28 pounds!! pretty sure my tummy is bigger than yours right now!
now you are so close to meeting your baby girl, i'm excited for you!!

LWLH said...

You look good girl! : ) Good luck with the nursery!

In With the Light said...

Looking great! You know that I know how you feel more than anyone having gone 41 weeks with my little stinker baking away and now that I am on my way to being a child birth instructor I feel I should encourage you to NOT be induced until you're at least 41 weeks...I know you are uncomfortable and can't wait to meet those sweet cheeks. Trust me! Just wait and see what your body does on it's own...also 1cm is saying a lot at 37 weeks. I was barely a finger tip at 40 weeks. Here is a load of Labor Dust coming your way!! :)

Susannah said...

You look amazing! I'm so jealous of you only gaining 16 pounds! That is great. I do agree with Sarah above-try to see what your body does-I was 2 days late, and all of a sudden my water broke. And I wasn't dialated at all! So, you're already "ahead." I know you're miz, I promise! But, she needs to cook till she is ready. :) And punch the next bitch who says that about the "that baby" thing. Ugh!!

lg2006 said...

I wondered where you have been! You are doing great with that effacement and dilation before starting labor! Trust me! I cant wait to hear your blog about birthing baby! Are you gonna tweet about it?

Gina said...

You look fantastic! It's almost over now!

A Bride In Boots said...

You look awesome, sister! Just think, she can come any day now and be 100% healthy - now that is some exciting stuff. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in 18 days or less!

Katharine said...

This is by far your funniest post. At least you can entertain people even when you feel awful. That has to be worth something! And I agree with the woman above...punch the next bitch who refers to your baby as "that baby". Your baby will be here soon and you'll be so happy you'll forget all about how miserable you were.