Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dear God....

It's me Margaret Brittany....

I have a slight HUGE obsession with Blogs. I love to read about other people's personal thoughts and how their lives play out. But lately I have become burnt out on reading about how {happy} these people are Every. Single. Day. Can they really be this happy with their significant other, and never feel frustrated or angered or just plain over it?? Am I a horrible wife for having these terrible feelings {sometimes}.

I occasionally find myself whispering this prayer:

Dear God,

It's me. Brittany. Please give me the patience to deal with my husband. Why does he get on my nerves?? Why does he have to ASK me what needs to be cleaned in order for our house to be in perfect "showing" condition. Can't he just take a look around.

When we are working {together} on HIS homework, why must I think only murderous thoughts and secretly wonder how he made through nursing school without me. Why is my prayer then "Dear God, please give me the strength to not kill my husband."

Love,
The worst wife. EVER.

Am I the only wife who whispers these prayers under her breath? Am I really the worst wife ever for feeling frustrated with my husband? I love my husband. I really, really do. He is my joy and the reasoning behind everything I do.

{But} he frustrates me. He angers me. He occasionally provokes me into B*tch mode and I just can't help it.

This year my prayer will be:

Dear God, 
It's me. Brittany. Please give me the strength and courage to love my husband with {all} of myself. To love him solely and carelessly. To laugh and run and play with him like we are 5 year old children. To not care what others think of me. To bear my feelings for all to see and not care what the return glance, thought, or comment means. 

Give me the courage to love like this and not have a care in the world. 

Love always, 
Brittany

2 comments:

Cherry Berry said...

Don't feel lonely, you are definately not the only one feeling this way! LOL! I'm also obsessed with reading about other peoples lives and I have thought the same about how happy these couples seem to be... I mean, don't get me wrong, I am happy with my husband and I love him very much, but I think everyone has the thought of knocking their husband over the head with an iron skillet everyone once in a while, right??? RIGHT???? LOL!

Brittany said...

I'm glad to know I'm not alone!!!